The main goal of this site is to inspire and inform by sharing glimpses of our world and one person’s experience in it. I also hope the site will increase visibility of my work, and help to develop more income streams so that I can continue doing what I do.
Since 2010, my primary source of income has been photography, particularly selling image licenses through iStock by Getty Images. This is an unpredictable way to make a living, and the future of the industry — like many other industries! — is unknown. For now it is the way I support myself, but I do not expect it to last.
If you are interested in contributing to my work and this site, here are some ways:
- Become a supporter via Patreon, a platform that enables “patrons” to make monthly contributions to creators. You can find my page here.
- Do your Amazon.com shopping through my affiliate link, or any of the book links you find on the site. Simply by entering Amazon’s site through my site, I’ll earn around a 4-6% commission on your purchases — while your costs remain the same.
- New to AirBnB? Save $40 when you sign up with the following link, and I’ll get a $20 credit: www.airbnb.com/r/joelc6599.
- Interested in signing up for a new credit card? There are two that I use for travel. The American Express Delta Sky Miles card and the Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa card. Depending on the current offer, you’ll receive 30-50,000 miles as a sign-up bonus, good for one or even two roundtrip tickets within the U.S., and I’ll receive 5,000-10,000 miles as a referral bonus. Click the links above for details.
- If you are in a line of work where you need to license photos, check out my portfolio of 15,000+ images at iStock.com.
- Donate to my Paypal account. Patreon is the way to contribute on a regular basis, but you can make a one-time contribution via my PayPal account. If you want to contribute to my next coffee, ferry ride, hostel bed, plane ticket, or flak jacket rental, I welcome the practical help and encouragement.