The main goal of this site is to inspire and inform by sharing glimpses of our world and one person’s experience in it. I also hope the site will increase visibility of my work, and help to develop more income streams so that I can continue doing what I do.
Since 2010, my primary source of income has been photography, particularly selling image licenses through iStock by Getty Images. This is an unpredictable way to make a living, and the future of the industry — like many other industries! — is unknown. For now it is the way I support myself, but I do not expect it to last.
If you are interested in contributing to my work and this site, here are some ways:
- Do your Amazon.com shopping through my affiliate link, or any of the book links you find on the site. Simply by entering Amazon’s site through my site, I’ll earn around a 4-6% commission on your purchases — while your costs remain the same.
- New to AirBnB? Save $40 when you sign up with the following link, and I’ll get a $20 credit: www.airbnb.com/r/joelc6599.
- Interested in signing up for a new credit card? There are two that I use for travel. The American Express Delta Sky Miles card and the Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa card. Depending on the current offer, you’ll receive 30-50,000 miles as a sign-up bonus, good for one or even two roundtrip tickets within the U.S., and I’ll receive 5,000-10,000 miles as a referral bonus. Click the links above for details.
- If you are in a line of work where you need to license photos, check out my portfolio of 15,000+ images at iStock.com.
- Donate to my Paypal account. I travel more frugally than most of my peers and, given current income challenges, have decided, as of 2018, to welcome donations via my PayPal account. If you want to contribute to my next coffee, ferry ride, hostel bed, plane ticket, or flak jacket rental, I welcome the practical help and encouragement.